When we repent of sin, God forgives us. If you have had an abortion, Jesus is waiting to take you into his arms in forgiveness and love.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Pro-lifers, are pro-death? Scott Roeder and Dr. George Tiller

"Dr. George Tiller is dead and we deeply mourn his loss. But with him died any credible argument that the antiabortion movement is "pro-life." from Momentum,
THE RIGHT TO KILL by Joyce Marcel, American Reporter Correspondent, Dummerston, Vt.



I'm afraid that the pro-abortion movement is using the murder of George Tiller to try to promote the idea that pro-lifers are all angry, murderous criminals who support the actions of Scott Roeder who calculatingly murdered late-term abortionist George Tiller as he was handing out bulletins in his church one Sunday morning. Scott Roeder believed that in doing so he was saving the lives of many unborn babies.
The writer of the article from which I have taken this quote also says that Scott Roeder was "obviously crazy" and then she goes on to try to link all pro-lifers with him! On the contrary, his actions have been condemned by every pro-life organization whose comments concerning the case I have read. We value all life. As a Christian, I pray that and others like Dr. George Tiller will come to repent of their actions because I really do want to see all souls go to heaven. That was Jesus' desire.
The first thing I automatically think, however, when I hear that Dr. Tiller was an usher in church is, "What, how can that be?" But then I remember, I left a denomination with ambiguous abortion language written into it's Discipline. In that denomination, the United Methodist Church, there are many out spoken abortion supporters (as well as pro-lifers), so why should it surprise me that Dr. Tiller was an usher and that his pastor tolerated his presence in the worship service? Don't get me wrong, I believe that all should have a chance to worship and there's always the expectation that conversion will come! But, his standing as an usher makes me believe that he was probably a member and membership must be approved by the pastor.
Have I stood and preached before sinners who were members of the churches in which I pastored? Absolutely, and I also count myself in that number of sinners as the Bible tells us that "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). The key word here is "repentance". In Philipians 2:12 we learn that all Christians are expected to "work out" their "salvation with fear and trembling". We are all on a journey to be more like Jesus. I don't know all of the facts about George Tiller, so I could be wrong, but it appears that he was not repentant and continued in his ugly work with forceful aggressiveness.
The bottom line is that we are all people and not one of us is perfect. There are pro-abortionists who truly believe that they are so right even though they are so wrong. We need to pray that their eyes will be open to the sin, to the death, to the disrespect of God's laws and to the Truth. "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." John 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment