When we repent of sin, God forgives us. If you have had an abortion, Jesus is waiting to take you into his arms in forgiveness and love.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Message to Pastors II

 This morning, again, the Lord is moving on my heart to speak to pastors about this burden I carry: we need to cry out from the pulpits "life"! God grants us all life. No matter what the quality, it is God given and therefore sacred. We need to speak about this in our private conversations and when in the pulpit we can word our messages well, so as not to upset young children. But guess what? I am saying things in front of and to my children that I never would have years ago. Why? Because they're hearing it elsewhere and they need to be informed. Yes, they need to know, parents really do kill their babies. The thought is horrific, but it's true.
  I remember the first time I ever heard the word abortion and the impact it had on me. I was twelve years old and in my cousin's bedroom. She went to a Catholic School and the sisters at her school had given her an 8 1/2" by 11" black and white poster on the subject and it was hanging on her bedroom wall. She explained it and I was astounded and troubled. How could anyone do such a thing, I wondered?
  The subject left my mind and surfaced later when I heard stories in high school - you know the ones; so and so had an abortion and another one needed money from her boyfriend who had never paid her for hers....
  The language was cold and not compassionate. The word "abortion" had somehow become the  subject of a whispered business transaction between girlfriends and boyfriends. They weren't married yet, and this tragedy had become their first major economic focus in what should have been a loving relationship. Of course, none of these relationships, that I saw, lasted. They had been darkened by death. I remember being silently dismayed.
  Life twists and turns and now I have four beautiful children and a grandchild for which I am thankful. I have changed and have become more vocal in my beliefs, with the Lord's help.
  Pastors, let me encourage you to tackle this major and sometimes volatile issue. Remember your Father loves you and will not let you fail when you are doing His work.
  Jeremiah 1:8 "Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD."

1 Chronicles 28:20 "And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD."








No comments:

Post a Comment